Why should a traveler buy travel insurance? There are as many reasons as there are destinations. However, the most important reasons usually fall into these categories:
- Covering emergency or pre-existing medical expenses for you or a loved one, here and abroad.
- Getting you back home if you need medical treatment.
- Covering trip cancellation, if the weather turns bad, you’re called for jury duty or your National Guard unit is deployed.
- Covering auto accidents you might have if you’re traveling.
- Helping you if you have to cut your trip short.
- Protecting your flights.
- Covering your luggage, if it’s lost, damaged, or stolen.
- Getting you back on the road fast.
Good Travel protection is essential. Travel insurance can help protect you in these and many other situations: Bad weather keeps you from reaching your destination – or even leaving on your trip in the first place You lose your job or are called into military service You’re injured in an accident A family member gets sick – even if they’re not supposed to go on the trip with you Your hotel burns or is flooded You lose your passport and all your important travel documents The airline loses your luggage